Wednesday 27 March 2013

Glimpsing the Sun

I had forgotten writing this until now, and I think I would like it recorded for posterity, for my own recollection if nothing else.



Sat by the Spa, remembering Ishtar.
My heart yearns
I gaze over the azure, how far to Babylon?


Remembering her past lovers
The urge to swim risesSubmerge the Sun!
Blessed through the Underworld
I travel to whence I came.
Once more unto the womb of Creation
To remember the sacred name.


What sleep is here?
Dream swirls around me
It foretells one future
It whispers promise peace
Ours is just to choose and die
To rejoin the All once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road to Ruin (Illustrated Edition)

  Road to Ruin Martin Peel 3 rd March 2011 Edited 27 th November 2019 Second Edit and Illustrations 25th Novembr 2023 ...